Infowalking distance: 2.4 km
duration: 2:31 h
walking: 1:00 h
elevation diff: 134 m
location: Royal National Park
driving distance: 80 km
driving time: 1:10 h
water available: yes
Max elevation: 139 m
Min elevation: 90 m
Total climbing: 142 m
Total time: 02:31:05
watch out for broken glass. it looks like some idiots tossed glass bottles from the top.
Closed areas: Walking track closure and delays
Helicopter operations will take place from 8am to 5pm on Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 March 2023 in Royal National Park. The following areas will be affected:
- The Coast track - closed between Figure 8 Pools and Otford lookout
- Palm Jungle loop track closed
- Lilyvale track closed
- Figure 8 Pools - access to Figure 8 Pools will only be possible from the Garawarra Farm carpark.
- North Era campground - the campground and the Coast Track from Little Garie to South Era is closed
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For further information please contact the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.
Closed areas: Loftus Trig Trail closed for upgrades
Loftus Trig Trail is closed from Tuesday 5 March to Friday 29 March 2024 for upgrades. Do not enter the closed area. Penalties apply for non-compliance.
For more information, contact the local NPWS office.
Closed areas: The Coast track partial closure
Walking the full length of The Coast track from Otford to Bundeena or Bundeena to Otford is not currently possible. This is due to several track closures along its length. These closures are necessary due to erosion and rockfall risk, and to allow ongoing track upgrade works.
Please note the following closures:
- Palm Jungle Loop track between Burning Palms and Werrong lookout is closed from Tuesday 16 January 2023 to Sunday 30 June 2024 for track upgrades.
- The Garie to Little Garie section of The Coast track is closed due to hazardous rockfalls and erosion.
- North Era campground is closed until further notice
- Garie Road, Garie Beach and the Garie precinct is closed until further notice. This is due to damage and subsidence to the road surface. Walkers approaching from the north (e.g. from Wattamolla or Bundeena) should exit the track via Curra Moors track.
- South bound access - Bundeena to Curra Moors track via Wattamolla and return only. No access to Garie Beach.
- North bound access - Available via North Era and return only. Access is via Garawarra Farm Ridge trail and Burgh Ridge track during track upgrades.
- Figure 8 Pools access - Available via Garawarra Ridge trail and Burgh Ridge track via Garawarra Farm only.
Closed areas: Closed areas: Werrong Beach Track - Royal National Park
The Werrong Beach Track of Royal National Park is closed until further notice due to landslides. Signs will be in place around the closed area.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.
Other planned events: Aquatic weed treatments in Hacking River
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service will be conducting a weed spraying operation at Audley, along the Hacking River, above Audley Weir.
The program will take place from Monday 23 October 2023 to Tuesday 30 April 2024, and involve the use of the herbicide metsulfuron-methyl, which treats senegal tea (a class 1 aquatic weed), and clipper tablets (active ingredient flumioxazin) to treat yellow water poppy.
Signs will be displayed during times of herbicide application.
For more information, contact the NPWS Royal National Park area office on 02 9542 0648.
Closed areas: North Era campground closed
North Era campground is closed until further notice due to operational activities. For more information please contact the local area office on 02 9542 0648.
Safety alerts: Curra Moors track in poor condition
Sections of Curra Moors loop track are in poor condition due to erosion. Please use caution and be aware of unstable edges.
Planning for repairs is in progress. For more information, contact the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.
Closed areas: Garie Road closed due to damage
Garie Road is closed until further notice due to damage to the road surface.
This road may remain closed for some time to allow for extensive repairs. A reopening date is not currently known.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. Please check Live Traffic NSW for updates before driving to Garie Beach.