Infowalking distance: 7.3 km
duration: 4:18 h
walking: 2:08 h
elevation diff: 494 m
location: Blue Mountains
driving distance: 103 km
driving time: 1:30 h
water available: no
Max elevation: 1043 m
Min elevation: 898 m
Total climbing: 535 m
Total time: 04:18:11
PhotographsPHOTO GALLERY "21-01-01-bald-head" (2021-01-11 08:57:53)
Fires - Advice: Kings Tableland Road, Wentworth Falls
There is a fire in this park called Kings Tableland Road, Wentworth Falls. Refer to the Rural Fire Service for latest information. Do not enter any closed area or area with fire. If you see an unattended fire call Triple Zero (000). Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information about fire safety in parks and reserves, visit the NSW National Parks fire safety page for park safety guidelines.
Closed areas: Glenbrook Causeway closed due to flooding
Glenbrook Causeway will be closed from Thursday 25 November to Monday 6 December 2021 due to flooding which has resulted in the following sites being closed:
- Euroka campground
- Red Hands Cave
- Woodford Oaks trail
- Jack Evans track
- Nepean lookout
- Mount Portal lookout
- Tunnel View lookout
Closed areas: Wentworth Falls Crossing closed due to flooding
Wentworth Falls Crossing is closed due to elevated water levels. Avoid crossing creeks when the water levels are over stepping stones or bridges.
Safety alerts: Flood damage and rising creek levels
Heavy rainfall has resulted in flooding and road surfaces and safety fences have been damaged. You may encounter trees and debris across tracks and roads.
Please be aware creek and river levels are elevated. Do not cross creeks where water levels are high.
Closed areas: Burralow Creek campground closed due to flood damage
Burralow Creek campground is closed until Tuesday 21 December 2021 due to significant flood damage and damage to fire trails.
This closure is weather dependent and may be extended.
Paterson Range fire trail and Tabaraga Ridge fire trail are also closed.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office on 02 4632 4500.
Closed areas: Conservation Hut cafe closed
The Conservation Hut cafe is closed until further notice.
Closed areas: Pierces Pass Road and walking tracks closed
The following areas are closed until Friday 10 December 2021 for road repairs:
- Pierces Pass Road
- Pierces Pass walking track
- Walls lookout
- Rigby Hill walking track
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact Blue Mountains Heritage Centre on 02 4787 8877.
Closed areas: Blue Mountains National Park - closed areas
All campgrounds and campsites listed on our website require a booking to be made before you visit. Penalties apply for non-compliance. Please check our COVID-19 update for more information.
Flood warning: Many creeks and rivers may be impassable after recent rains. Check conditions before walking.
The following areas of Blue Mountains National Park are closed due to bushfire or storm damage, road or track works:
Katoomba and Leura
- Amphitheatre track from the base of Bridal Veil falls to Fern Bower, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Lindemans Pass is closed where it crosses Leura Falls Creek, due to track works.
- Kanangra to Katoomba - Cox's River is presently in flood and cannot be crossed. Advice from 15.11.2021.
- Parts of Prince Henry Cliff walk are closed:
- Between the Fern Bower junction and Tallawalla lookout, due to a major landslide and track maintenance. Walkers can exit/enter via Silver Mist picnic area. Walkers can also still access Fern Bower via Solitary Restaurant
- Between Gordon Falls lookout and Olympian lookout, due to landslides. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Part of National Pass from Valley of Waters to Slacks Stairs, due to ongoing rockfall risk.
- Charles Darwin walk north of Weeping Rock circuit. Visit the Blue Mountains City Council website for information.
- Ingar Road is closed where it traverses private property at the end of Queen Elizabeth Drive. Ingar campground is therefore closed to vehicles. Walkers and cyclists are permitted where they do not traverse private property.
- Wentworth Falls picnic area will be closed to vehicles on Tuesday 9 November 2021, 7am to 4pm for road maintenance works.
- Govetts Leap descent and Rodriguez Pass walking track, due to fire damage to infrastructure and landslides after storms.
- Perrys lookdown campground, due to dangerous trees.
- Walls Cave, Popes Glen and Pulpit Rock tracks are closed due to fire and flood damage and associated repairs.
- Pierces Pass Road, including access to Pierces Pass walking track, Walls lookout and Rigby Hill, is closed until Friday 10 December 2021 to all traffic, including walkers and cyclists, for road repairs.
- Lawson Ridge fire trail will be closed to all traffic from Wednesday 10 December until Friday 17 December 2021 for road repairs. It will be open to foot and bicycles on weekends.
- Access to Pulpit Rock climbing area closed
- Note: All canyons are open. Visitors should exercise caution, as recent flooding may have left debris or moved rocks.
To check which areas are closed, click the 'Show list' button on the Blue Mountains National Park page alert.
For further information call 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS).
Closed areas: Short Cut track partial closure
A section of Short Cut track will be closed between Monday and Friday from Monday 8 November to Friday 17 December 2021. The track will be closed between Wentworth Falls picnic area and Murphy's Lane for track maintenance.
Closed areas: Gordon Falls to Pool of Siloam track closed
Lyrebird Dell and Gordon Falls picnic area to Pool of Siloam walking tracks are closed until Thursday 31 March 2022 for track upgrade works.
Visitors can access Pool of Siloam from Pool of Siloam walking track via Golf Links lookout.
Closed areas: Waratah Native Gardens picnic area closed
Waratah Native Gardens picnic area is closed until further notice. This includes Gorge walking track. No access to the area is permitted. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the NPWS Hawkesbury area office on 02 4588 2400 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page for park safety guidelines.
Safety alerts: Advanced navigation required for Kanangra to Katoomba (K2K) track
Kanangra to Katoomba (K2K) track has been damaged by fire, storms and flooding. The trail is overgrown with significant understorey brush and grass growth.
Fallen trees, vegetation covered loose rocks and burnt out stump holes may result in slips, trips and falls. Advanced navigation skills are required to undertake this trail.